Thursday, April 29, 2010

Deodorant and Preteens

What is up with preteens and deodorant; I can't get mine to put it on and my neighbor's son carries it in his bookbag. It reminds me of my friend, we'll call her Angela (because that's her name ~ LOL). Angela and I had several classes together in junior high and the days we had gym, you were guaranteed a view of Angela applying her deodorant in math class - DURING math class. I wish I could remember our teacher's name, he was a cute little man, blond hair and blue eyes! The first time she applied her "anti-skunk" (as my dad calls it) our teacher stopped in his tracks and watched in amazement . . . or maybe it was horror! It became routine though, so I was in the back, getting the rear view of this occurrence.

I worry about how he is going to adjust to the children's maturation once he comes home. Alexandra and the deodorant and hair straightening, her singing and jumping around the yard to impress the boys in the neighborhood. She has always been a daddy's girl, and I hope she finds a way to make him her priority in her life once he is home again. She isn't the innocent dimple-cheeked little girl she was when he left.

Off to look for some books or articles for military parents/families to adapt to maturing children while they are deployed. Please send any suggestions to me, I am open to constructive comments and criticism!

Sorry for yet another random blog post. My mind is searching for things to organize in order to make my life make a little more sense than it has lately!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL. This post made me laugh so hard. I have NO advice since I don't have a daughter or a pre teen, but keep the cute blogging UP! Love you!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - header by Kelly