Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The West Wing

go ahead and roll your eyes, I know it's out there!

I LOVE THIS SHOW!! I have been hooked for about 2 years now, the witty nature of the banter, the politics, the knowledge. It just works. It works for every reason a good show should work. I never watched it on Prime Time ~ what did I care about a show that was 100% about politics, not me! BUT, what I have come to learn and appreciate is that this is the way politics should work. No, that's not to say that I agree with every political POV, but in the end, with all of our differences, isn't life about compromise? Isn't life about learning and listening to our fellow man's take on life and love and education? So many lessons to learn and so few ears willing to listen.

What are we afraid of? Are we afraid that someone is going to do or say something that will rock the foundation of what we believe? If that is the case - BRING IT ON!!! I welcome your criticism and wonderment of why I believe what I believe. I welcome the questions as a means to teach you, and myself, more about what we think we know and reaffirm what we DO know.

I DO NOT want to be right all the time, I DO want to be engaged in educated debate. I DO want people to think about why they believe what they believe. I DO want people to question if they know what is good or reasonable, and if so, how they apply that to how they treat others and make life better for themselves and those they love.

I am rambling, but that's what I do. I talk with little sensor, I speak with my heart wide open, I love with all of my heart, and I give with little expectation of receiving. I do hope to be respected and loved in kind, but at the end of my life if all someone has to say about me is "Carla talked too much, but I know she loved me and was always willing to do what needed to be done or help when help was needed." I can live with that. That doesn't make me a bad person, it makes me a REAL person with real issues, real loves, real worries and concerns, and a real passion for making each day here with my loved ones as honest as it can be.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - header by Kelly